Join The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham on May 10, 2019 for Clearing the Path, a conversation about building a sustainable and inclusive workforce for Alabama.
Tickets ($50) include breakfast.
• Secretary Greg Canfield, Alabama Department of Commerce
• Myla Calhoun, President, Alabama Power Foundation; Vice President, Alabama Power Charitable Giving; Executive Director, Alabama Business Charitable Trust Fund
• Senator Vivian Davis Figures
• Faye Nelson, Deputy Commissioner for Family Resources, Alabama Dept. of Human Resource
• Representative Debbie Wood
• Guin Robinson, Associate Dean of Economic Development, Jefferson State Community College
Learn more about the featured speakers here.
About Clearing the Path
Alabama has successfully recruited industry, and our state is driving a vision for a robust economic future. Yet the needs of too many Alabama families are still going unmet.
Our economy depends on building a sustainable and inclusive workforce under the looming shortfall of 500,000 skilled workers needed in Alabama by 2025. Women are the solution.
Clearing the Path, the research arm of The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham, leverages data to illuminate the issues most impacting women and to influence public dialogue and corporate decision-making. This year, Clearing the Path, will expand its conversation on workforce development and women to build on innovative business practices to include public policy solutions.
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS